Computer Dealers' Mafia in Unity Plaza, Sri Lanka

Recently I had a problem with my VGA card. At first I was not sure whether it was a VGA card problem or some other hardware problem. So I had to check the VGA card first. Hence I went to the dealer I bought my PC - "PC Partners" (Its an under cover for "PC House Technologies") First I went to the shop which I bought the computer, and the sales boys were simply told me to goto the repair center which is located about 500m away, which I comply. Then there is a queue for inquires, and I was able to make my request after about 30 minutes. I made my request and handed-over my VGA card just for check whether its working fine or not. then I was asked to sit and I was told it will take about 30-40 minutes. Anyway..finally it took good TWO HOURS to tell me that the card is not working and the warranty is lapsed :(. During my two hour stay I witnessed the dealer's stubbornness few times. One customer has bought his Printer for Rs. 4000.00 and he is having a problem with that, the dealer asked him to pay Rs. 3800.00 for just to replace a Data cable an amount close enough the cost of a Brand new Printer. He went cursing. The Other occasion was, one client came with defected hard drive, He was simply told that they were not providing warranty for burnt hard drives. At that moment what I felt was what do they mean by warranty and how we know it is a 'burnt' or 'some other thing' or simply the dealer evading the warranty by telling the item is burnt...NO ONE TO CARE..

The other incident is, I bought a new VGA card from NEAT (or is it CHEAT) Technologies..when I try to install the VGA card, it was apparent that the dealer has changed the driver CD, hence I couldnt install the card. I had to go again to the CHEAT TECHNOLOGIES to get changed the wrong Driver CD. When I go there they simply told me to goto Wellawatte, totally ignoring my difficulties and it was their total negligence. what they had to do is simply provide me with the Correct Driver CD. But They Simply turned down the request and told me to goto Wellawatte for any after sales requests. If this is not a mafia what it is???

This is Sri Lanka..anything is possible when you have money..

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Apr 27, 2008, 3:18:00 AM

    Totally Agree with Indika's idea.
    This Mafia will end soon
    PC House - Go to Hell

  2. Blogger Asantha said,

    Jun 5, 2008, 8:26:00 AM

    yes you are correct mate.. thats realy shit in unity plazza and every place.. there is no after sales services.. dam shit .. . and other thing is they taking so many days to repair if you take the all unit.. dam shit place.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Jun 30, 2008, 10:16:00 PM

    I will tell you something about ASUS Center.

    I bought a 2.1 JBL sound system from there with one year warranty. after six months i notised that its speaker of right sat is damaged and i went to Asus center at Wellavatthe and they asked me to go to there repair center at Kollpety.

    Then I went their and a girl at their, told me that last week another customer went with the same problem and they didn't accept it because it is a physical damage. how ever she told me that she will try to do something. After a while she came and told me that it is a physical damage and they cant repair it.

    Then i asked them to repair it for a payment. answer is "No parts available".
    Then i asked for advise for a place to buy the whole part(right sat). Answer is "No where".

    Wheres the damn after sales service????

    What the hell is going on in Sri Lanka????

  4. Blogger KAS said,

    Sep 9, 2008, 10:11:00 PM

    Yes, they'll never do any after sales services. PC House, NEAT, or any other, they all are same. But the thing is u should have some knowledge about those parts, then u can get the better out of it.
    if they see that u r new to the field and know nothing about computers, sorry to say mates u are finished.

  5. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Sep 10, 2008, 3:55:00 AM

    Indika's comments are total correct.

  6. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Sep 13, 2008, 12:46:00 AM

    ye thatz true guys their is another mafia againts sinhala and tamil people(Buisness people) in unity plaza every thing doing buy muslim fuckers (PC house,Leader,Asian,PC partners....etc...)
    they always try to stop sinhala and tamil people(Buisness people) to enter unity plaza so guys mind it and purchase your goods my idea is ignore computer items in Unity plaza.

  7. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Sep 14, 2008, 11:30:00 AM

    I bought a HP Printer from PC Partner and try to use it and it want respond so the very next day i took it back and same as u indika i had to wait in that hall for two hours for them to tell me its not working !

    so i asked for a replacement since i just removed the packing and they tell me that they dont replce and after a real heated argument the repaired and gave it back!

    thats the way of unity plaza people

  8. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Nov 20, 2008, 9:15:00 AM

    I bought a new HP dv5-1104tx notebook pc from The Technocity (Private) Ltd, No - 303, First Floor, Unity Plaza, Colombo 04, Sri Lanka. (www.laptop.lk) on the 6th(Wed) of November. It is a blue screen error piece of shit. First it gave the error on 8th(Sat) Nov. I had it fixed on the 10th(Mon) Nov. It gave the error again on 11th(Tue) Nov. I took it to them for repairing and they told me that they will replace a new pc as soon as they find the error. I even video recorded the error to my phone and showed it to them. But they said they need to see it them selves. So i had to leave my new pc with them on the 17th(Mon) Nov. Now it is the 20th of Nov still they are trying to fix it. FIX it those M****r F*****s told me that they will replace my pc with a new one. It has been 14 days since i bought it from them but the so called HP business partner had my notebook pc more than i had it for myself. i Still didn't get my pc.

    If anyone can provide me any legal actions I could take against them please inform me at dokoja@gmail.com

  9. Blogger Asantha said,

    Dec 9, 2008, 12:47:00 AM

    ye there should be some legal things for against these M***** F*****s... if any one knows plz help us

  10. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Dec 14, 2008, 1:37:00 AM

    I bought a PC from PC House Nugegoda. The RAM was not working and they asked me to go to Unity Plaza stores and said they will immediately replace it. So I went all the way to Bambalapitiya and the guy at the stores said you have to bring the PC if you need the RAM to be replaced. After I took the PC ( I had to spend for transportation from Nugegoda to bambalapitiya ) this guy said come in another 3 days. I visited this place after 3 days and this guy asked me whether I gave a call before I went there. He said it is not ready and come in another two days and give a call before go there again. After two days he gave me a another memory card which when brought to Nugegoda branch was not working again. They then said it is a mother board problem. Then I had to go to bambalapitiya and wait another three days to get a new one. They then said they don't have this type of mother boards in the stores (Gigabyte) and they were trying to give me a cheaper mother board with less features. When I asked if they give me the balance they said according to their rules they cannot return money. Then I had to go with a lawyer and got my money (5000/=) back after informing that we were going to report this to consumer affairs authority. I am executive and I had to get many leaves due to this. These people never think that they waste other people's time and money. They only talk to people very well until they make the payment.

  11. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Dec 14, 2008, 4:24:00 PM

    Send your complaints,

    Director General,
    Consumer Affairs Authority,
    PO Box. 1581
    Colombo

  12. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Dec 21, 2008, 11:04:00 PM

    Hello friends,
    I need to bring your attention about HDD, main boards, optical drivers ( DVDR/ CDROm etc).

    You are buying used products in Sri Lanka as new . All HDD , main boards in Antistatic cover (all kind of polythese pouchers) are tested / used and cleaned. THEY ARE NOT NEW.

    I am a exporter of Computer hardware items to international market and I deal with this stuff hourly basis. I have more details , images regarding the topic.

    As I have a IT whole sale company in Srilanka ( Colombo) , i cannot point out my finger to sales companies as its un ethical. But i wanted to show the the truth.

    DONT BUY HDD ; MAIN BOARS and Products in Antistatic cover (all kind of polythese pouchers).

    And assembled computers have made with such parts for sure. Do not buy assembled products in Unity plaza as they are purchasing 5000 HDD and 7500 Main boards per year.

    Its a muslim mafia in Unity plaza.

    Best regards,

  13. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Dec 30, 2008, 7:57:00 AM

    i got a 22" Samsung (2243BWX) LCD monitor. After two month backlight problem occured(Back light burned). So i go to PC Partner for warranty claim. They didn't replaced me that monitor. they told me they have no stock and try to give me another brand lcd(market price is very lower than my one). i reject it. I told them i don't need the monitor anymore and give me my money. After 4 days i go with my friend and after blamed they give my money. But they less 2850/- for one month usage. What a F***? No customer care No good service. Don't buy anything at PC house, PC partners, Sri Computers etc. They all are F*****s.

  14. Blogger Samad said,

    Jan 22, 2009, 4:11:00 AM

    I agree with your comments as indicating "Mafia in Unity Plaza"... But absolutely disagree for the Comment saying its "Muslim Mafia"... since dont try to create a conflict between Muslim Brothers and Sis with other Religion.... But i feel absolutely sorry for the Incocent guys who are being kicked on their back when they go for after sales service...

    Absolutely in Sri Lanka the word Warrenty and Gurentee is a simple written document for the purpose of marketing the products (Increase the sales).... Since these burgers known that no body is going to take legal actions against them "Since they have the Power and Authority"... But as an individual its hard to fight with them... its better adviced to form as a team (group of people). and than go for legal actions....

    These Guys shouldnt be kicked out of Unity Plaza "But should be kicked out of Sri Lanka"...orinto the beloved home Central Jail for misleading the Innocent people, its totally fraudulent....... We should join hands to know the actually meaning for the word after sales service, Guraenty and warrenty..... at present no f***ing company knows the meaning for the above.... since i have faced so many problems in difficulties in this aspect.......

  15. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Jan 27, 2009, 4:13:00 AM

    Yep totally agree about these freaking idiots in Unity Plaza. Even I got a pc which i bought from unity plaza (I won't mention the name of the shop but it's the shop next to the escalator) and initially its vga wasnt working properly. And the whole computer started giving trouble after sometime. Even after few trips to that stupid shop they couldn't fix it properly. Totally screwed up F*****s. If you want to assemble a pc just DONT BUY STUFF FROM UNITY PLAZA OR ANY OF THESE LOW LEVEL FREAKS. Try to get down the parts and then build it with yourselves. Thats the best way mates. Cheers

  16. Blogger Unknown said,

    Feb 2, 2009, 6:21:00 AM

    yes, Im agree with you Mr.Indika.
    'CHEAT Technologies' GO TO HELL

  17. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Feb 25, 2009, 11:23:00 PM

    This has been happening since last 10 years.I agreed totaly with Indika.
    Unfortunately people not complain to the relevent authorities in writing.
    Most of Unity Paza outlets handleing by the PC house and very less amount of companies.They are cheating customers.Don't go to Unity Plaza to purchase computers.You can buy a computer at little less amount.But after it get some trouble you have to expend lot of money & waste your valuble time for repairing it by this people.Finaly they are not ready to offer your warrentry fault come on your head and you have to bear the cost of failure.

    There are lot of shops out side the unity plaza available to purchase computers.Pl write all your complains to authorities like
    Consumer Protection Authority,Ombustment to the Parliament,Ministry of Consumer Affairs-Compains Div.

    W.M.D.P.Chathuraka.
    University of Moratuwa.

  18. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Mar 12, 2009, 8:52:00 PM

    Guys i have been goin to unity plazza 4 all computer related matters this whole time.so I got no idea where to buy these accessories now that you all claim they cheat.So can yo guys lemme know some places where after sales services are fine & reliable?& if,the goods in antistatic covers can be used stuff,any idea how to recognize brand new quality stuff..
    For Eg.
    M/B,
    C.P.U
    V.G.A
    Thanks guys..Help pls

  19. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Mar 31, 2009, 12:00:00 AM

    I bought a Hp notebook from there with 1 year international warranty after 5 months the dvdrom is damaged , i went to technocity in unity plaza and they ask me to go to the service center in the 4 th floor , then i went their and a tecnision was their i told the problem and gave notebook , after that the boy gave a recipet and told ilke this " we ill give a call after the service " thenn i back to home , i thing nearly 2 monts they did give cal, then i went again to the service center, and gave the recipet to the boy ,he told like this "Still we didnt find the problem i thing we need 1 monts to find the prodlem" mmmm wat iresponsible answer to the customer,then i told to the boy dvd rom is no working this is the problem , then why are telling tell lie like this , ok u dont do any repairs pls give me the notebook , he told a a messive answer " its not here its in another boys's home" i got angry , thenn asked from him then when willu give it, he told sir you will come tommrow and collect the notebook, mmmmm wow what a good service from the agents .good
    what the hell going in srilanka

  20. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Apr 6, 2009, 3:26:00 AM

    I am totally agreed with your comments. We need some kind of authority investigate this matters.
    Also I think it best to have a good blog like this or something else to report publicly.

    I recond we need to promote something like following website to sell product in sri lanka to avoid those monopoly.

    Have look at this web site
    SriLankaSale.com

  21. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    May 26, 2009, 4:10:00 AM

    Hello Guys,

    Pls send all your complains to our Director.My e-mail address: microdesign2004@yahoo.com

    THE DIRECTOR
    CONSUMER AFFAIRS AUTHORITY
    1st & 2nd floor,CWE Secretariet Building
    27,Vauxhall Street,Colombo 02
    GENERAL TEL.NO. (011) 2445897/2393577/2393495
    FAX NO. (011) 2399148

  22. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    May 28, 2009, 11:44:00 PM

    I had a same kind of a problem with my Combo drive. I purchased it from Kobian Technologies. The problem was reading some DVDs. Some read properly and some don't. I went there with my Combo and those DVDs whih are not working. They checked those DVDs in front me, I was correct. But they put another dvd and it worked. Then they told me that it's working and no replacement can be done. Then I went home. After a week or 10 days I went there with it again but I smoothly burnt it. Now the device is not working 100%. They had to replace that, no arguments made. That's a way to treat cheaters as cheaters

  23. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Jun 7, 2009, 8:17:00 AM

    I bought an AMD 2600+ from PC house sometimes agoo..
    but i found dat its a thunderball 1.1Ghz and i went and ask from a sales assitant what the hell goin on...

    He went inside come out with a new processor and said "SIR you have misconfigured the jumpers.. dats da reason..."

    do i have to that muther fuker?

  24. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Jun 18, 2009, 8:01:00 AM

    99% of the computer shops in unity plaza are owned by pc house or its subsidiaries. There is a muslim business mafia there. Those people are real frauds. dont trust them. always argue and complain to the mangaemnet. PC house sucks.
    barclays is some what better

  25. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Jun 23, 2009, 9:45:00 AM

    Regarding, Multimedia shop at 3rd floor,
    They were trying to sell me Kaspersky Virus guard for 2500/= while the original price remains 1750/= even by removing the price tag.later I found out they are not register dealers to sell that product even.

  26. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Jun 29, 2009, 1:16:00 AM

    Absolutely this all are tru. Those all shope only want money. after sale they didin,t care coustomers.

    All computer shops in Unity plaza Go to hell.

  27. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Jul 27, 2009, 2:05:00 AM

    This happens most of the places. But when similar situation happened don't wast your time by simply talking with sales persons at the shop. If they don't help you, just ask that you want to talk to the management. Then they will tell that you can talk to their repair center or some bullshit. Ignore all these funny things and directly talk to their higher managment and immediately your problem will solve. Please not that laws are strong more than enough to beat these buggers. But problem is you don't use them. Don't be affaid and tell that you need to talk to higger management and never mind the designation clearly explain your problem with fact. This method is equally applicable to insurance clamis as well.

  28. Blogger Unknown said,

    Jul 29, 2009, 3:04:00 AM

    yaa totally agree . i got laptop combo it burnt after 3 months. it had 6 mounths warranty. but what that fucking dealers said is physical damage.wont able to replace ar repair free

  29. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Aug 18, 2009, 4:27:00 PM

    Yes bro muslim fuckers r damn nation.they run fucking unity plaza.if they want mony., the muslim fuckres can sell their fives aswell..

  30. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Sep 24, 2009, 4:44:00 AM

    Anyone of you have any feedback on ABC Computers - good or bad?

  31. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Sep 26, 2009, 3:22:00 AM

    Condemn the thieves in UNITY PLAZA

  32. Blogger Unknown said,

    Oct 19, 2009, 10:04:00 PM

    I do had that same problem with those shit hole places. now i do it by my self. Just get a branded compatible PC from Japan Soft IT lanka etc and try working with it. I got my self a samsung and a dell it works fine till this moment. I know that dell has very limited spares in sri lanka. but its like a BMW car. Runs great till problem starts. If you can learn a lil bit of computer hardware. you will just leave those shit hole places to them selfs and start building and repair you own PC. I started as a amature in PC hardware. Now I can teach those guys nd show them that they are bull shitters. Thanks to the net. Good luck.

  33. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Oct 29, 2009, 10:00:00 AM

    yea you are totally correct there is a huge mafioso in unity plaza they always try to screw upped customers and filled up their pockets.

    PC House used to be good but now it is going on a wrong way because PC House has lot of sub shops and they think they are like Hitler(rule the computer market)

    so we need to ignore to buy computer parts from PC Hell because there parts are too much expansive I saw most of computer parts are selling cheaply on online but they sell them double (I know taxes are added but even exclude the taxes then you can buy them for good price)

    I guess Unity Plaza rules the computer market.
    so try another place to buy your computer parts if you know like that places then Email me.!

  34. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Oct 30, 2009, 4:42:00 AM

    Are there any other places to by pc's (Other than unity plaza) ?

  35. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Oct 30, 2009, 6:35:00 AM

    i read oll cmnts and like to agree.
    oll these or most of them are handled by muslim people.so for their peoples, warranty claims are pretty fast.i know this for sure.dont say NO.i am a COMPTIA certified computer lecturer in colombo for three years.dealing with those fuckers from time to time.i am interested in learning tamil an other languages to unserdtand their communications infront of us.if you have money and want to work freely with your pc ,just buy a DELL or whatever branded pc from agents out of unity.less troubles than assembled.

    or you need to care your pc yourself.to do this you must have a good communication skill and computer knowladge.

    even with these if you deal with oll the shops in the unity ,you can get any benifits.

    just find a suitable shop and deal with them continuously and let them know that you are a big customer.

    claming procees is normally above 2 weeks.because some people are claiming for their hobby after damage their devices themself.


    it is better to start a web regarding this.ithink INDIKA is the correct guy to do this.

    indika pls start this and publish your link here.we all can right the same thing again in your web.no matter how long it take.

    unity is selling the pc parts for very low cost thats why the market is pointing on it.

    but money is money.low or high.it depend on the hands that hold the money.not the hand that going to have it.

    FUCK YOU (if i can) unity.

  36. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Nov 14, 2009, 7:50:00 PM

    can we do somting for this cheaters????

  37. Blogger KaZ said,

    Dec 8, 2009, 12:15:00 AM

    It's 100% correct.these dam cheaters act like angels till your purchase.But when you ask for after sales services or warrenty claims they will become devils.

    I'm personally having two fucking experience.We must do somethig to finish the Mafia of PC HOuse

  38. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Dec 8, 2009, 9:46:00 PM

    I accepted with you.. If you dont have any one of pc house (Pc master, Pc technologies, thats all of pc house )you will dont get any satisfied after sale service... If you cant understant muslim language you will confused.. because they communicate with that language and you cant understand any thing.. they give us to warranty (that mean 1to1 replace)but you want change mother board every time they gave used one (This is my experience since 1998 if you have big mouth you will win) after all I think if you face this problem you should complain to "paribogika arakshana adhikariya" they will solve your problem. they have more island wide branches and government sector. if you make a complain they ready to start and in the several time I won... its useless thing we scold to PC house.

  39. Blogger Unknown said,

    Dec 10, 2009, 10:05:00 PM

    Yes these bloody dealers dont knw hw d treat customers.

  40. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Jan 8, 2010, 2:23:00 AM

    hi there i sampath here you cant say all in unity plaza are mafiya basically who ever stars busness is gready for money they put money and take back 15 times more this pratrice not only done by unity plaza it happens all the parts of the country the reason is that if u name a printer HP D 1560 cartridge it be around Rs.4500-5000 ok the cartridge will be black will be rs.1800,color will be Rs.2150 get the picture another ex will be when u purchase a brand cannon agent will be some fellows in unity main company will be Metropolitan the people put stuff for unity plaza Epson will be Debug Computers,HP Printers will be Trident Corporation,DMS,Informatics etc they one gives the warranty unity bugers just buying from them and selling to u THIS Global Robing Market so usless telling fuck u unity plaz i dont have time to explain if i have time i will give the pictures clear later and all sinhala ,tamils ,muslims,christians want live pease so get out ur shit mind and do some thing to create a genune welfare centre ok

  41. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Feb 9, 2010, 8:47:00 AM

    HI
    I UNDERSTAND THAT PC HOUSE HAS A PROBLEM WITH THEIR SUPPLIER GIGABYTE , AND NOW THEY CAN'T SUPPORT WARRANTY CLAIMS.(JAN.2010 )

    CHECK ON THIS

    N.I
    DEHIWELA

  42. Anonymous Prashan said,

    Feb 19, 2010, 4:38:00 AM

    Hey nice place this is! wanna here my story... i bought a desktop for ma cousin from Neat just as they opened in Kandy and u know what guys... it started giving the blue screen from the first day so had to take it back to repair. And after they have checked the pc they said they couldn't find any problem! so anyway i took it back to my cousin then after a couple of days my cousin called and said the problem is back and i had to take it back again. Then they changed the Mother board battery and said now it's good. Ok i took back then after a couple of months the problem is back again back to NEAT SHIT!! then i had to explain the problem is with the mother board and because of my forcing they changed the Mother board. Again back to my cousin place. Anyway i took the thing back and fourth about 10 times during one year. That is about 120km of petrol and the distance to Colombo from Kandy. OK first year has ended then again the problem is back so we both went and gave the pc and the old technical fucker wasn't there that idiot i don't know why the hell they call him a technician!! anyway the new guy was good and he found out the problem but for our bad luck it was too... late. The problem is with the processor and it's totally fucked up now after one year... and they said we have to buy a new one because the warranty is over... "what the fuck it's not our problem that your technician is and brainless piece of shit" but know one would listen... and you know what guys the processor is out of production... and they were going to give a second hand, lesser speed one for 6000.00 RS!!! the new one i bought an year ago was 10,000.00 RS. Anyways i found a processor from some other dealer. But now I'm So... FUCKIN' glad to say that they have closed there shop in Kandy and has gone...

  43. Blogger බුවාගේ සිතුවිලි ! | Buwage Sithuvili ! said,

    Apr 5, 2010, 11:38:00 PM

    Not only the partner shops of PC house, All shops are Sucks , Mitech computers ( some people say that this one is better than Pc house stuffs)

    Actually is no true ..... To get a repair for my VGA in warranty period i had to wait 3 moths go to hell unity plaza

  44. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Jun 29, 2010, 6:32:00 AM

    I dont know whether its too late to post a comment here but I have to say something.
    Be careful when you are buying things specially like VGA cards from local shops. Recently I bought a VGA card(ATI HD4870) from ebay.com for 135$ (nearly Rs 16000). But same card are sold for Rs 35000(minimum price) in shops in Unity Plaza (or anywhere in sri lanka).
    Be careful when buying VGA cards, processors (core i5, core i7, quad core) from here. OVERPRICED!!!
    In addition they will mislead you to buy a worthless VGA card for higher price. Remember 1GB or 512MB means nothing. Before you buy a VGA cards or processor look at some benchmarks which help you to compare products.
    Before buy compare the prices !!!

  45. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Jul 13, 2010, 9:05:00 AM

    even im a muslim and i hate these fuckers!! they are like this to all, sri lankan muslims - notice that i specified "sri lankan muslims" are fucked up. not at all ethical. deceiving lying bastards!!

    u all should take a class law action against them, also known as group law suite.

    good luck. its a ashame. i dont blame u all for discriminating these sons of a bitches!

  46. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Jul 24, 2010, 2:18:00 AM

    Dear Friends,
    Today I negotiate with a computer dealer in Unity Plaza for a laptop for Rs 65000/= and promised them will purchase the same on Monday as the bank closed today.But after reading your comments,I never purchase a even a power cord from Unity Plaza.
    Thanks for yours information for saving Rs 65000/= from the M***F***. --NB, 24th July 2010.

  47. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Aug 17, 2010, 10:06:00 AM

    How many of you still go to Unity ?. Why did u want 2 go 2 Unity ? since its the price. So where ever the price is lower you go, do not use the top before buying or do not ask the top if i should buy. Its after that u shout at the shop.

    What a lauging stock ? When the other shop outside unity charge a higher price u think they r robbing. What a sad situ.

    The Unity share value too has gone up thanks to u guys.

  48. Blogger Zam Son Vlogs said,

    Sep 3, 2010, 4:39:00 AM

    what you all said right and i agree with that .. really in Sri Lanka every shops are same not only computer shops every shops are same .. no human rights here ..!! better to close the shops no need of shops in Sri Lanka .. Even i having a paln to open Lcd mointor shop had an idea .. wel um telling btter have the deals from out of Sri Lanka ...!! um student of ACHE ...!! letz do something for this ..!! Thank you ..!!

  49. Blogger Unknown said,

    Sep 20, 2010, 8:44:00 AM

    Never buy anything from these assholes.

  50. Blogger barn buddy said,

    Sep 23, 2010, 10:23:00 PM

    Friends,Thease muslims earning money thease ways,so friends we can avoid buying anything from thease humba shops(not only PC shops)Wijayamunisoyza,muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

  51. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Sep 27, 2010, 3:40:00 AM

    I went through some of above comments. Please not that in Sri Lanka we have a place called "Consumer Protection Authority"
    Please visit "www.consumeraffairs.gov.lk" Lets get to gether to make the consumers voice strong and stronger. As we have this platform we will be able to do it!
    Lets work together to destroy this intermediate sales mafia in Sri Lanka
    Nimal Perera

  52. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Oct 22, 2010, 1:05:00 AM

    I purchased a Toshiba Laptop from TECH Information Solutions (Pvt) Ltd in Unity Plaza (Colombo). It is the shop that you can see when you enter the first floor from the escalator (with an InkTec sign board at the entrance to the shop). The person there told me that if he sells a Toshiba Laptop he would not have any problem for five (5) years. He told that to me with a straight face and I believed in him. Now just barely 1 ½ years later the laptop is malfunctioning and everybody that I am showing the laptop is telling me that I have to change the laptop’s main board, which is very expensive. My advice is that do not buy anything from Unity Plaza. What is at Unity Plaza is a computer mafia that is collectively run by an organized bunch of crooked vendors.

  53. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Nov 3, 2010, 12:47:00 AM

    Ya... Thats true...
    _ _ _ _ off all of them

  54. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Nov 7, 2010, 8:35:00 AM

    Hi Guys,

    I have gone through the all comments.
    I have an idea to buy a laptop of good brand such as HP/ACER/ASUS/DELL/COMPAQ.
    Guys, but after think about the shit things in unity plaza I have no idea to go to it then.So anyone can tell me a place to buy a one and a good brand. Thank you guys, Help in this...

  55. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Dec 6, 2010, 7:41:00 AM

    Simply all wot these mates say is true .i too bought a HP-Compaq presario laptop from pc partner.after about eight months,the charger went dead.when i reported them,the people there asked me to take it to there engineering division:a place where so called VCS at Thummulla.The people there delayed the job saying numerous lies for 3 weeks.finally when i shout out at them and it was only after that the lazy staff there bought me the charger.what injustice!!!!!!

  56. Blogger Dhanushka Gunasinghe's Hard Code said,

    Feb 23, 2011, 6:58:00 PM

    Dear All,
    Don't go PC House Shops ( Most of those are starting with PC) as well as techo City.( Laptop.lk) Those places are char....
    IF u purchase something on Laptop.lk Surely it should be used one or it should not work very soon.

  57. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Apr 15, 2011, 1:20:00 AM

    yes, neat is a sucking place.all those muslim cheaters in unity sould be stoned to death. but please can some one tell me a trusted place to by a assembled computer . is barlayrs a trusted place to by a computer.

  58. Blogger fireheart5004 said,

    May 1, 2011, 9:54:00 AM

    I also thought I must write something new cause everyone writing about sad or horrible experience which they have experience while purchasing PC heardwear, any way my advice is for everyone pl learn about what you are going to purchase and if you are not aware get some help.
    I have very positive experience regarding buying new Pc system, I bought all component and I assembled PC by my self then system starts and there was a problem and then I took system back to Vendor known as TechZone in Kandy. First they have inspect and said problem in VGA card and they can replace it and at that day their senior technician was not available.Then I took rest of the system and try to work with that but still VGA driver problem was there then next day I took it back. At that day their senior technician was available and he ask me to keep system and go next day I went there and they have fix that but replace two ram cards. Nice service and very rare in Sri Lankan set up so I recommend TECZONE as good customer care vendor and I wish them to maintain it forever.

  59. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    May 4, 2011, 8:30:00 AM

    eake inne horu tikak. lap.lk crazzy fuck man. they loose my time,for a replce my addapter, mother fucckers

  60. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Jul 6, 2011, 4:29:00 AM

    Unity Plaza Muslim Mafia go to hell,
    tech info is give me the used processor and telling its brand new, i said f--- , give me the money,then f---, sorry sir, and give the new one....

  61. Blogger Milinda said,

    Aug 15, 2011, 12:31:00 AM

    Hey guys I was wondering if you could comment on the credibility of laptops sold by laptops.lk

  62. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Nov 23, 2011, 9:24:00 PM

    http://www.caa.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=120&Itemid=125&lang=en

    visit above Consumer Affairs Web and you can find and mail about your complains

  63. Blogger Spark said,

    Feb 20, 2012, 6:48:00 AM

    I have faced to a same kind of issue.
    I bought my HP pavilion laptop from TechnoCity in unity plaza. Before 3 days to exceed the warranty my laptop came up with a problem. Display was totally unstable and i couldn't see a thing out of it.
    I went to the aforementioned shop and asked them to repair. They took my laptop but next day was a holiday.
    They said that they were going to send my laptop to the repair place day after the holiday. As i asked about the warranty period which was so near to expire, they said that will be totally oki, because i handed over it to repair before exceeding the warranty.
    I called them several times to get to know about the repair and what they have always said was it has not been back yet from the repair.
    I was in a middle of my exam and i was managing very hard without it. (My studies are related to IT)
    After 3 months i have got a call from them and i felt like bit my a truck.
    "Your laptop has a VGA triuble.Hence you have exceeded your warranty you have to pay 1 lakh and 15 thousand to repair it.(The entire motherboard needed to be replaced as they said)" Actually i even haven't spent that much to bought the laptop.
    What actually has happened was they sent my laptop to the HP dealers after expiring my warranty. HP dealers do repairs for them and they refused to claim warranty as they received my laptop with expired warranty.
    Space won't be enough to write what happened after that. But after lots of fights i was able to claim warrant and it repaired.
    Repair center(HP dealers)were the only people who acted genuinely. Thanks to them i was able to got it repaired.
    Anyhow it broken again last week. (1 and 1/2 years after the repair)Same Vga trouble came up!

  64. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Feb 20, 2012, 9:56:00 AM

    Every one still like to buy stuff fm that Plaza even though they talk much about the shops in that place.

    To have credibility you need to maintain what you say. No one can tell a electronic product can work without any defects for years. It all depends on how you use it.

    Therefore before commenting pl make sure you are also correct.

  65. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Mar 30, 2012, 9:42:00 PM

    I agree with you guys but Pls Don't use the word "Muslim Mafia"
    I'm Sinhalese Buddhist guy but Muslims guys nothing to do these mess. I had the same problem. i'm buy my all computer part from my very trust friend. but expensive and i have no other option.but I thought TECH SOLUTION was good.Pls Don't buy Any thing from PC house Sub-shops. only thing i know if pc house shop we collect the good from same store.

  66. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Apr 4, 2012, 8:11:00 AM

    I also have same problem,pch-Badulla branch did not provide warranty for my printer,later i gotta mainbord problem in my pc & i took it for repair,after 2 weeks they replace the pc with another mainboard without I/O shield & they stole my front usb panel,this is the way pch serve their service for customers.
    PC House - Go to Hell

  67. Blogger Inkwell Inspiration said,

    Jun 12, 2012, 8:34:00 AM

    there is a one sinhala shop name TULIP in Unity. you can buy your things from there.

  68. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Oct 28, 2012, 9:24:00 AM

    You all are totally correct don't make any conflict with them HE is having underworld gangs also don't go UNITY PLAZA MAFIA

  69. Blogger Apoorwa said,

    Mar 19, 2014, 8:05:00 PM

    I have bad experience in laptop.lk. be careful if you buy from there.

Leave a Comment

69 Comments:

Post a Comment