What is the page rank?

Recently I came to know that my blog's page rank is 3/10. And I didnt know what that means. So I thought find what is the page rank and how did my blog managed to get at least 3 out of 10.

here are the definitions which I could found about page rank:

1. Devised by Google, it measures not only how many links point to a website, but the "quality" of the sites providing the links.

2. PageRank is a function of Google that measures the quality of a website on a scale of 0 to10. The theory is that high quality sites receive a higher PageRank based on visitors and traffic your site receives. PageRank is a “vote”, by all the other pages on the internet.

3. PageRank is a patented method (an algorithm) to assign a numerical weighting to each element of a hyperlinked set of documents, such as the World Wide Web, with the purpose of "measuring" its relative importance within the set. The algorithm may be applied to any collection of entities with reciprocal quotations and references. The numerical weight that it assigns to any given element E is also called the PageRank of E and denoted by PR(E).
(Wikipedia definition)

So I feel my blog reader have help me to get at least 3 from 0 in the blogsphere, and I need to thank all the people to help to achieve this. and I must tell that I am already getting more than 50 hits/day and I think it is a really good achievement :)

happy blogging!!!


Tags : : :

Leave a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment